Terms & Conditions
Last updated November 05, 2020
We (the folks at Slappy.io) run a web-based IDE called Slappy.io and would love for you to use it. Slappy.io's basic service is free. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your website as possible. However, be responsible in what you publish and share. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear in your content.
Use of the terms "we", "us", "website", and "service" in this Terms of Service means "Slappy.io". Capitalized words not defined in this Terms of Service have the meaning as defined in the Terms.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use any of our services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Slappy.io, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Our Services are not directed to children younger than 13, and access and use of our Services is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Use of our paid services requires a Slappy.io account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- Your Slappy.io Account: If you create an account on Slappy.io, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify Slappy.io of any unauthorized uses of your account, or any other breaches of security. Slappy.io will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors: If you post material to Slappy.io, post links on Slappy.io, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, "Content"), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using Slappy.io, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these terms. By submitting Content to Slappy.io for inclusion on your account, you grant Slappy.io a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your changelog. If you delete Content, Slappy.io will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Slappy.io, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Slappy.io has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Slappy.io’s sole discretion, (i) reclaim your username or website's URL due to prolonged inactivity, (ii) refuse or remove any content that, in Slappy.io’s reasonable opinion, violates any Slappy.io policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of Slappy.io to any individual or entity for any reason. Slappy.io will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- HTTPS. We offer free HTTPS on all Slappy.io accounts by default.
- Advertising. Slappy.io reserves the right to display advertisment text, links or images on the website.
Responsibility of Visitors
Slappy.io has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Slappy.io does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Slappy.io disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you, without appropriate authorization. You may not use as a username any name that is offensive, vulgar or obscene.
In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in the Terms, you may not and may not allow any third party to:
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like;
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors;
- Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email;
- Create accounts with automation or register accounts in bulk account without prior written approval from Slappy.io;
- Illegally transmit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission;
- Use the Service to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Promote or encourage illegal activity;
- Interfer with or disrupt the Services or create an undue burden on Slappy.io's website or the networks or services connected to Slappy.io's website;
- Use the Service to attack or tamper with other websites, services, and individuals;
- Perform significant load testing without first obtaining Slappy.io's written consent (email permitted), as otherwise these may be treated as denial-of-service attacks;
- Rent, lease, loan, or sell access to, or otherwise attempt to transfer any right in Slappy.io's website (which includes its software and documentation) to a third-party, through framing or any other method;
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Service;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Service's administration display;
- Display any content on the Service that contains any hate-related or violent content or contains any other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third party rights;
- Modify the Slappy.io logo or any other Slappy.io Marks;
- Send unsolicited messages or use the Services to send unsolicited messages (also known as junk mail or SPAM);
- Repeatedly fork or clone projects to run or host the same code creating undue load on the Service.
The Content displayed and/or processed through your Application or other web site utilizing the Service shall not contain any of the following types of content:
- Content that infringes a third party's rights (e.g., copyright) according to applicable law;
- Excessively profane content;
- Hate-related or violent content;
- Content advocating racial or ethnic intolerance;
- Content intended to advocate or advance computer hacking or cracking;
- Other illegal activity, including without limitation illegal export of controlled substances or illegal software;
- Drug paraphernalia;
- Malicious content;
- Other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights.
Content Posted on Other Websites
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Slappy.io links, and that link to Slappy.io. Slappy.io does not have any control over those non-Slappy.io websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Slappy.io website, Slappy.io does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Slappy.io disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Slappy.io websites and webpages.
Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
As Slappy.io asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Slappy.io violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Slappy.io in accordance with Slappy.io’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Policy. Slappy.io will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Slappy.io will terminate a visitor's access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Slappy.io or others. In the case of such termination, Slappy.io will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Slappy.io.
This Agreement does not transfer from Slappy.io to you any Slappy.io or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Slappy.io. Slappy.io, Slappy.io, the Slappy.io logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Slappy.io or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Slappy.io or Slappy.io’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Slappy.io or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on our changelog, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
Slappy.io may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Slappy.io account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Our Services are provided "as is." Slappy.io and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Slappy.io nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Slappy.io, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Slappy.io under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Slappy.io shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
General Representation and Warranty
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Slappy.io, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.